The objective of JuxtaLife is to bridge the gap between global health issues and individuals’ personal experiences. JuxtaLife is a platform for students to explore their relationship with global health using their own experience and the experience of their peers in a self-reflective manner. JuxtaLife submissions can include but are not limited to:
- Reflection and opinion pieces around your personal experiences with global health
- For example, experience in research, volunteering, covering a global health conference, voicing concerns about health in the media, etc.
- Interviews with students, faculty and professionals in the field of global health
- Charity or social justice campaigns that are being integrated in the community or at UofT
- Photo and Art Essays
The guidelines for submissions:
- Maximum 500 to 700 words – please refer to Types of Submissions and Formats for more information on article expectations
- Please refer to Citations and References for a full outline of what is expected when it comes to citations
- Please refer to How to Submit on detailed instructions regarding submissions
JuxtaLife aims to be fun and informative. Don’t hesitate to write about your experiences and passions surrounding global health! If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Branching off from JuxtaLife, we also created JuxtaCuisine, where you can learn about food traditions and their unique impacts on health around the world.